Newcastle and Burnley are neighbours in the standings, but for their regret in the lower half of the table, and are still threatened to be relegated. The form of both sides is good, and currently, their chances to avoid relegation are big.
Newcastle have three defeats in the previous seven rounds, but they came against Manchester United, Tottenham and Chelsea. In this period, The Magpies took a victory versus Manchester City. Against teams that are on the level of Newcastle, The Magpies earned seven points in the fixtures versus Cardiff, Wolverhampton and Huddersfield.
Burnley are phenomenal in the previous two months in the Premier League. They were several seconds away from the three points on Old Trafford, while on Saturday they won against Tottenham. The Clarets lost only once in the last ten fixtures, and this was against Manchester City for FA Cup.
We expect an intense battle. Rafael Benítez and Sean Dyche know that they can take the three points and will seek them until the end of the game. I will back Both Teams to Score, with Newcastle 2-1 Correct Score. We recommend placing this bet in William Hill, where you can take advantage of a $30 Welcome Bonus and regular promotions for loyal customers.
Newcastle vs Burnley Head to Head
In the autumn Newcastle took the three points on Turf Moor, which was the first victory of The Magpies in this rivalry in the Premier League. In four of the five fixtures between them, both sides have scored.
|26.11.2018||Burnley vs Newcastle||1-2|
|31.01.2018||Newcastle vs Burnley||1-1|
|30.10.2017||Burnley vs Newcastle||1-0|
|01.01.2015||Newcastle vs Burnley||3-3|
|02.12.2014||Burnley vs Newcastle||1-1|
Newcastle vs Burnley Stats
- If Newcastle win on Tuesday, this will be the first double over Burnley since season 1954/55.
- The Magpies had a record number of shots against Huddersfield – 29.
- The previous six goals at home for Newcastle were scored in the second half.
- Rafael Benítez are unbeaten this season in games against English managers – three wins and two draws.
- In 2019 Burnley are the second best away team in the league with earned eight from possible 12 points.
- Burnley haven’t recorded two consecutive wins as guests in the league since March 2018.
- The previous nine goals in an away game of The Clarets were scored by Chris Wood (five) and Ashley Barnes (four).
Newcastle vs Burnley Odds
Newcastle vs Burnley Team News
For Newcastle injured are Rob Elliot, Jonjo Shelvey and Ciaran Clark. Burnley will be without Steven Defour, Aaron Lennon and Jonathan Walters.